Churches can be very different, so we want to help you know what to expect when you come to Grace for the first time.
We have worship services every Sunday at 7.45am and 9.30am.
When you visit, you can expect to find a church that majors on being a community of people from all ages and backgrounds, who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ, gathering together around open Bibles to get to know Jesus better as we wait for him to return.
We believe what the Bible says about church:
“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
(Hebrews 10:23–25 ESV)
The Bible informs everything we do in our services at Grace.
- We sing together because the Bible tells us how great God is and how much he has blessed us, and what a good thing it is to sing to him
- We pray together for those in need because the Bible tells us that God is a compassionate Father, he hears our prayers, and he has the power to answer in amazing ways.\
- We confess our sins to God in prayer, because the Bible tells us that we are forgiven through Jesus Christ’s death on the cross, and that God is faithful and just to forgive those who admit their sin to him.
- We take a financial collection because the Bible teaches us that everything we have belongs to God, and giving to the work of ministry is a way we can worship God with our wealth and use our blessings to bless others (Visitors should not feel obliged to participate in this collection, and to note that many will not give during the services as they give electronically)
- We spend a large amount of time with one of our pastors teaching through a part of the Bible, because the Bible tells us that that God really speaks through the Bible to teach us, to reprimand us, to correct us and to train us to live life the way he designed, for his ultimate purposes in Jesus (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
Our Worship Services
We have worship services every Sunday at 7.45am and at 9.30am. Our two morning services also include a short time of teaching and worship aimed at the kids. Both of our services also include a time for socialising around a cup of tea or coffee. At our services, we also offer a créche for mums with kids aged 0-3.
Our Bible Teaching
During school terms, we generally preach a series of messages on a particular Bible book or Biblical idea. The teaching at 7.45am and 9.30am is then carried into our Grace Community Group studies during the week.
Our Celebration of the Gospel
On the first service of every month, we celebrate the Lord’s Supper (Communion) at all of our services. This is a special, symbolic meal for Christians to remind ourselves of the gospel together, and centre ourselves again on what it means to be followers of Jesus. We welcome anyone who has been reconciled to God through Jesus Christ to join us in the Lord’s Supper, but if you are just visiting or are not yet a follower of Jesus, feel free to just watch and listen.
Occasionally, we will also celebrate the gospel through Baptism, either of people who have come to faith in Jesus Christ, or of children born to parents who profess and demonstrate faith in Jesus.
Our services are open to anyone and everyone. When you arrive, you will always find a person waiting to welcome you, help you find a seat, give you a Bible (which you may keep), and introduce you to one or two others if you wish.
We hope to see you soon!