Rural and Regional Gospel Ministry
This week, our prayer focus is for rural and regional gospel ministry. In many small country towns across Australia, churches have shut their doors due to lack of resources as social challenges and gospel need in these towns have increased.
‘And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled.’ (Luke 14:23 ESV)
- Thank the Lord for faithful churches that are hanging on in small country towns
- Thank the Lord for ministries such as Presbyterian Inland Mission (www.pim.org.au) who work to take the hope of the gospel to remote and sparsely populated areas
- Pray that we would not forget our brothers and sisters in Christ in out of the way areas, and that we would take opportunities to encourage and support them
- Pray for our regional ministries in Kilkivan and Monto, that they would remain faithful and be a light for the gospel to their communities
- Pray that the Lord would raise up gospel workers who would commit themselves to rural and regional ministry
Core Commitment – Praying Together
Each week, we also pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitments is
‘By grace, we are committed to grow together in Jesus
through regularly gathering to pray together.’ (1 Timothy 2:1, 8)
Please pray with us that we would be a church committed to praying with and for each other.