Each week we focus our prayers around a specific topic or need, as well as one of our Core Commitments from our church vision. The prayers in our church services will reflect this, but we’d love you to be praying with us around these things in your Grace Community Groups and in your own personal prayer time.
Migrants to Australia
This week, our prayer focus is for those who have migrated to Australia.
‘He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing. Love the sojourner, therefore, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt.’ (Deuteronomy 10:18–19 ESV)
- Thank the Lord for bringing to Australia people from many different cultures and countries, especially so that many from closed countries might hear the gospel
- Ask the Lord to take away the mistrust and lack of understanding that so easily divide us
- Ask the Lord to make us humble and to give us a love for strangers among us
- Pray for an end to racism, and for Jesus’ church to show what true harmony looks like
- Pray for a sense of our own ‘migrant status’, that we might always remember that we are just passing through this world on our way to our home with Christ in heaven (see Hebrew 11:13-16)
Core Commitment – The Illuminating Work of the Holy Spirit
Each week, we also pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitments is
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus
through the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit.’ (see 1 Corinthians 2:12)
Please pray with us that the Holy Spirit would carry God’s Word into our hearts, so that we would know and love Jesus more