This week, our prayer focus is for chaplains. There are many who serve across Australia as chaplains for sports clubs, hospitals, schools, prisons and the armed forces. A chaplain may be the only ‘gospel contact’ a non-churchgoer ever has.
‘I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.’ (John 12:46 ESV)
- Thank the Lord for the many men and women who serve as chaplains in schools, hospitals, prisons, sports clubs and the armed forces
- Pray for the Lord to strengthen and sustain them in their ministry
- Pray for chaplains always have a deep love and compassion for those they minister to
- Pray for opportunities to share the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the wisdom and grace to know how best to take those opportunities
- Pray for continued federal funding for chaplaincy programs, especially in schools
- Pray that chaplains would know the love, care and support of their local church families
- Pray for the Lord to raise up more people to serve as chaplains
Core Commitment – Grace Community Groups
Each week, we also pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitments is
‘By grace, we are committed to grow together in Jesus
through regularly attending Grace Community Groups’ (Acts 2:42-47)
Please pray with us that we would grow together more and more in Jesus, especially through more people joining Grace Community Groups, and that our GC Groups would be places where real Christian relationships flourish.