This week, our prayer focus is ‘the media’.
‘Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.’ (1 John 4:1 ESV)
- Thank the LORD for technology that enables us to connect with each other, strengthen relationships and be informed
- Pray for a love of peace, truth and justice among those who direct, work and participate in the media
- Pray that our media would truly speak out against all that is evil, and celebrate the good
- Pray for Christians who work in the media, that they would work with honesty, integrity and wisdom
- Pray for us, that would listen, watch, read and use media with discernment, and always listen to the voice of God more than the voice of the world.
- Pray that advances in media technology would be used for the proclamation of God’s greatness and bring many to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Core Commitment – A Reformed and Evangelical Understanding of the Gospel
Each week, we also pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitments is
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus through an evangelical and reformed understanding of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, as presented in Scripture.’ (see Romans 1:16-17)
Please pray with us that we would never be tempted to add to what the Bible says, or to what the Lord Jesus has done for us.