Each week we focus our worship service and Grace Community Group prayers on a topic or theme. This week, our prayer focus is for our growth as disciples of Jesus Christ.
‘Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.’ (Matthew 16:24 ESV)
- Praise and thank God for making us his people through the death and resurrection of Jesus
- Confess were we have failed to live as followers of the Lord Jesus, caring more for the world’s approval than for the Father’s approval
- Ask for the faith we need to deny ourselves, to take up our cross daily and to follow Jesus
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to transform us to make us more and more like Jesus
- Ask that the Lord would give us a deep love for one-another, so the world can know we are Jesus’ disciples
- Ask or the courage to proclaim the gospel wherever we are.
Each week, we also pray through one of the core commitments from our church vision statement. This week’s commitment is to regular expository teaching of the Bible.
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus through
the regular expository preaching and teaching of the Bible.’
(2 Timothy 4:2)
Please pray for our preachers and Bible teachers to approach God’s Word humbly, and not shy away from the difficult passages in the Bible, and to rely on God to speak in his Word as it is written.