This week’s prayer focus is on loving one another. We will use 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 and 13 as our guide.
Thank you that you are a loving, gracious God. Thank you that you’ve offered us forgiveness and the gift of new life in you. Thank you that your love is perfect, it never fails, and that nothing can separate us from your love.
We pray that our lives would be filled and overflowing with the power of your love so we can make a difference in this world and bring honour to you. We ask for your help in reminding us that the most important things are not what we do outwardly, it’s not based on any talent or gift, but the most significant thing we can do in this life is simply to love you and to choose to love others.
- Lord, thank you that your love is patient. Help us show patience with those around us.
- Lord, thank you that your love is kind. Help us to extend kindness to others.
- Lord, thank you that true love is not jealous. Help us cast aside feelings of jealousy or hatred towards others.
- Lord, thank you that your love does not brag and is not arrogant. Help us not to live with pride or arrogance, but to choose to walk with humility and grace.
- Lord, thank you that true love does not act unbecomingly. Lord help us to extend kindness instead of rudeness towards others. Help us to lay aside the critical tone and tearing down with our words, so that we can truly walk in peace.
- Lord, thank you that true love does not seek its own. Lord help us not to live selfishly, looking only to our own interests.
- Lord, thank you that true love is not provoked. Lord help us not to become easily angered. Help us not to be so quickly reactive, but instead slow to speak and slow to become angry.
- Lord, thank you that your love does not take into account a wrong suffered. Lord help us not to hold grudges, but to choose to forgive, even when it’s difficult.
- Lord, thank you that your love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. Lord, help us to love your words of truth, may we walk in your freedom and wisdom. Let it be what drives our lives and choices every day.
- Lord, thank you that your love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, thank you that your love never fails.
- Help us to love as you love. Fill us with your Spirit so that we can choose what is best. We are weak Lord, but we know also, that even when we are weak, you are strong within us. Thank you that it’s not all up to us. Thank you that you equip us to face each day with the power of your love, your forgiveness, and your grace.
We love you Lord, and we need you today, and every day,
In Jesus’ Name,Amen.
Core Commitment: Grace Community Groups
By grace, we are committed to grow together in Jesus through regularly gathering to pray together.
1 Timothy 2:1, 8
Pray that we would be a church that prayers with and for each other
(given our current situation, praying with one another over the phone is a good way to check on each other!)