Each week we focus our worship service and Grace Community Group prayers on a topic or theme. This week, our prayer focus is Mothers’ Day.
‘’Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.’ (Ephesians 6:1–3 ESV)
- Praise God that motherhood is central to the gospel, because Jesus was born and raised as one of us
- Thank God for our mothers, through whom He gave us life.
- Praise God for those who have been ‘mothers in the Lord’ to us
- Pray for God to comfort women unable to have children, and to give them opportunities to love, nurture and care for others
- Pray for humility, forgiveness and restoration where relationships between mothers and their children have broken down
- Pray for those who have lost mothers, or mothers who have lost children, that the Lord would comfort them
- Pray for weary mothers, especially those juggling home-learning or work at this time, that God would give them strength, wisdom and patience
- Pray for mothers and grandmothers to take every opportunity to point their children and grandchildren to the Lord Jesus
Each week, we also pray through one of the core commitments from our church vision statement. This week’s commitment is engaging ordinary people with the gospel.
By grace, we are committed to declare to the world that Jesus Christ is Lord
through engaging ordinary people outside the church
with the person and claims of Jesus Christ.
(see Matthew 24:14, 1 Corinthians 9:22, 1 Peter 3:15)
Pray with us Pray that we would be concerned for everyone we meet to hear the gospel.