Our prayer focus this week is Mothers’ Day. You might want to use these points to guide your own prayers.
- Thank God for faithful, loving and selfless mums who serve their families well
- Pray for those who may never have children, or who may never marry, that God would comfort them and that they may find a joyful and satisfying purpose in serving Christ and his church in the situation God has given them.
- Pray for those who have lost mothers or children, that God would comfort them and give them peace and hope
- Pray for those mothers who parent alone, that God would bless them with wisdom and strength, and surround them with Christian friends to support and encourage them
- Pray for those who have broken relationships with their children or their mums, that the gospel would bring healing, grace and restoration, for Christ’s glory
- Pray that mums would be able to cultivate their own relationship with Jesus to strengthen them as they minister to their families, and that their families would know how important this is and help them do it.