This week’s prayer focus is on the COVID-19 situation.
- Pray for the authorities running our countries and cities.
- Pray for the medical teams treating the sick: strength, stamina, wisdom, compassion, courage. Pray for their families as they deal with the stress and risks as well.
- Pray for the men, women, and children who have been infected, for the people afraid to leave their homes, for those living in red zones, for those at high risk with other illnesses, and for the elderly.
- Pray for those who work to supply our needs: chemists and their techs; grocery stores and those stocking the shelves; those in supply, transportation, and logistics.
- Pray that wise social distancing has a significant impact and pray for the scientists working on a vaccine.
- Pray for businesses and the world economy.
- Pray for the Lord’s protection and for His mercy upon us as a congregation, the state of Queensland, our country and the world.
- Pray to him, that he might show us his mercy. In the end, pray that we accept what the Lord has ordained us to journey through in these uncertain times and that our faith will be strengthened no matter what comes.
- Pray that God would use this to humble humanity and bring many people to salvation through Jesus.
- Pray also for the Lord Jesus to return, that he might come back to take us to the new creation that he has prepared for us, a place with no tears, no death, no mourning, crying or pain (Rev. 21:4).
Core Commitment: Church Membership
By grace, we are committed to grow together in Jesus
through the practice of church membership.
John 13:34, 1 Corinthians 5:12
That we would take our commitment to our church family seriously,
and be an active part of our church family life.
(Now, more than ever, we must remain committed to one another and caring for one another)