Please find below a summary of our recent Session meeting for May 2018. Thank you for your prayers as our leaders gather to shepherd Jesus’ church here in Buderim.
- The meeting welcomed Brad Joyce and Tim Richards as guests, both of whom have been nominated as elders and are currently undergoing training
- John Butler was unable to attend. He was at the bedside of Heather Telfer as she went to be with the Lord. In his absence, Clint Lombard moderated the meeting
- Much time was spent in prayer for the needs of our congregations, especially those suffering illness, bereavement and family difficulties
- Two solar panels need replacing, due to damage. An insurance claim is being investigated
- The purchase of two new backpack vacuum cleaners was formally approved
- A formal Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with Sunshine Coast Chinese Christian Church, which uses our facilities on Sunday afternoons for worship services and church activities. This should further facilitate our partnership in gospel ministry
- Formal approval of Jean Bowen-Jones to speak at the upcoming Ladies’ Breakfast on 9 June 2018
- A budget of $500 was approved for the upcoming Bible Holiday Club (2-6 July 2018)
- Session moved to offer the recently-advertised vacancy of Ministry Support Secretary to applicant Mrs. Anna Jones, with a view to her commencing mid-June. We also extend our special thanks to Mrs. Marie Butler who has served in this role over the last few months, enabling the smooth running of our office and ministries as we sought a permanent appointment.
- Session appointed a committee to meet with John Butler to assess their financial needs and ensure they are being met.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact any of the elders or pastors.