We were very blessed to welcome our new elders, Tim Richards and Brad Joyce, to the meeting.
- As always, a significant portion of our meeting is taken up with praying for pastoral needs in our church family.
- Resolution to overture the Queensland Presbytery to dismiss with thanks the borrowed elders at its next meeting on 17 November 2018 at Buderim.
- Approval of John Butler’s request for leave to minister in Kupang, Indonesia from 7 Jan – 1 Feb 2019.
- Approval of request for Clint Lombard to preach at Grace Presbyterian Church Morayfield on 18 November 2018, while their pastors are away.
- Resolution to call a congregational meeting on Sunday 2 December 2018, to vote regarding the renewal of John Butler’s call for a further two years (from June 2019). Elders will be contacting members before then to gauge the will of the church, and to ensure the process is executed well.
- We received an update regarding the Building Improvement Fund (for the proposed air-conditioning system), which currently stands at $10,355.00 ($26,000.00 needed). A phased approach to installation is being investigated. To give towards this project, please click here.
- It was noted that average attendance at the 9.30am worship service is increasing,
- Expenses for the upcoming Summer Bible Conference were approved.
- Other elders were invited to join the pastors in writing weekly devotions for the bulletin.
- Various aspects of our partnership with AFES on the university campus were discussed.
Thank you for your prayers as our leaders gather to shepherd Jesus’ church here in Buderim. If you have any questions, please contact an elder, or contact the session directly.