Note: this meeting was moved forward by one week due to John Butler's trip to Indonesia
A large part of our monthly Session meetings is spent praying for Jesus' church here at Grace. We thank you, too, for your prayers for us as we meet to discuss the ministries and needs of our church family.
Here is a brief summary of discussions and decisions at our meeting. For further detail, including financial figures, please see the printed bulletin distributed on Sunday morning.
- Clint Lombard was appointed as temporary clerk, due to Darren Burnett being unable to attend
- Two applications have been received for the Ministry Support Secretary vacancy. Darren Burnett, Des Morris and Clint Lombard have been appointed to interview applicants and report back to Session.
- John Butler and Clint Lombard met recently with elders from Sunshine Coast Chinese Christian Church, to discuss the partnership between our two churches. The meeting was very productive, and we look forward to a more effective partnership in the gospel into the future.
- A request was approved for Riverside Christian College (Maryborough, QLD) to use our facilities on 24 May 2018.
- A Bible Holiday Club for primary-age kids was approved for 03-06 July 2018.
- Proposed changes to our WPC Book of Church Order were discussed ahead of the next QLD Presbytery meeting on 18 May 2018.
Average attendance at services for the year to date is as follows (including children)
7.45am Worship Service
9.30am Sunday Worship Service
5.30pm Grow @ Grace
We are encouraged by the attendance at services, and note a slow but steady increase in average attendance at our 9.30am service since January.
Please join us in giving thanks to the Lord for his gracious provision for our needs, and to resource his work through us.
- Reports for the quarter to March 2018 show that giving is ahead of budget. Thank you for giving so generously to support the work here at Grace. We are blessed by the Lord's gracious provision through you.
- However, expenses have exceeded our income for the last quarter, mainly to due to a correction regarding missions support and, more significantly, an increase in our insurance premiums, following a review which showed our insurance was inadequate
- Despite the above, we have been blessed with sufficient cash-on-hand to cover the current excess expenses.
- Session has approved a quote for the proposed air-conditioning system
- We have already received approx. 30% of the funds required for this project. If you would like to contribute, please visit our giving page
If you have any questions about recent Session discussions, please contact any of the elders, or contact the Clerk of Session.