We believe in…
- Scripture Alone – the Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Faith Alone – we are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Grace Alone – we are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Christ Alone – we come to God through Christ alone
- All To the Glory of God Alone – we live for the glory of God alone.
In a little more depth
- …that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- …that everything exists because of one God who exists eternally in three Persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are equal in power and glory. (Acts 17:28, Matthew 3:16-17, 1 John 5:7)
- …that humanity has been created in the image of God, for the express purpose of glorifying and enjoying Him. (Genesis 1:27, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Philippians 4:4)
- that through Adam’s rebellion everyone one of us has inherited a sinful nature. Not only do we sin against God, but each person is now born into a state of spiritual deadness and is totally unable to save themselves from God’s righteous judgement. (Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:1)
- …that God the Father has freely elected to save particular sinners. This is His own loving and merciful choice and is not based on anything that the sinner can do. (Nevertheless all people are still responsible to repent and believe the Gospel. (Ephesians 1:11, Romans 8:30)
- …that God the Son willingly gave up his life on the cross to pay sin’s penalty for those whom the Father has chosen. (John 10:15, Romans 5:6-9)
- …that God the Spirit regenerates elected sinners, breathing spiritual life into them so that they turn from sin, place their faith in Jesus and live joyful, obedient lives for the Lord. (John 3:5-8, Ephesians 2:1)
- …that even though salvation is entirely of the Lord, we are still responsible to respond to God’s wonderful and genuine offer of salvation by repenting of our sin and believing in the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:16, Acts 3:19, Romans 10:13)
- …that true believers cannot lose their salvation, because salvation is all of God, and no one can snatch His sheep from His hand. John 10:28-29, Romans 8:30)
- …that on the last day Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead. Those who have placed their hope in Him as their Lord and Saviour will be welcomed into Heaven, while those who have not will be justly sent to Hell. (Matthew 24:30-31, Matthew 25:31-45)
In much more depth
For a much more detailed account of what we believe please read our doctrinal standards laid out in the Westminster Confession of Faith (download here).