Grace Christian Church Buderim is part of a family of churches called the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Australia. Churches are grouped in regions (known as presbyteries), and each quarter the leaders of churches in a particular region meet together for prayer, encouragement and do address any items of business relating the ministry of our churches in our region.
Last Saturday, the QLD Presbytery of the WPC met for the last time this year. Below you'll find a summary of what happened at that meeting. Thank you for your continued prayers for our church leaders.
- John Butler led a devotion from Romans 8:1-4 as the meeting opened, encouraging us with the good news of being set free in Christ. We then sang This Is Amazing Grace together
- Each meeting, one of our leaders gives a presentation on an aspect of gospel ministry for us to discuss. We call this 'ToolBox'. Clint Lombard presented on how we approach integrating newcomers into the life of our church
- WPC Belconnen (ACT) officially became part of the QLD Presbytery from Saturday's meeting
- Two elders from WPC Belconnen presented their statements of subscription to the Westminster Confession of Faith, which were received by the Presbytery
- Items relating to amendments of our Book of Church Order were discussed and voted on
- Three elders (Brad Joyce, Bob Burnett and John Butler) were nominated to the National Assembly committee for reviewing our Book of Church Order
- The elders from Morayfield and Pacific Paradise who have been assisting the elders at Grace were dismissed with thanks by the Presbytery
- The Presbytery has requested that the National Assembly also dismiss, with thanks, the elders from WA and ACT who were appointed as counsellors to the elders at Grace
23rd National Assembly of the WPC (May 2019)
From 4-8 May next year, elders of the WPC from all over Australia will meet at Crosswords Armadale (WA) for our 18-monthly National Assembly meeting. At this meeting, our church leaders gather for fellowship and encouragement, a day of training, worship, and to attend to various items of business which pertain to the ministry of our churches across Australia and overseas.
God-willing, John Butler and Clint Lombard will be attending this meeting.