Each week we focus our prayers around a specific topic or need, as well as one of our Core Commitments from our church vision. The prayers in our church services will reflect this, but we’d love you to be praying with us around these things in your Grace Community Groups and in your own personal prayer time.
Holiday Rest and Refreshment
This week, our prayer focus is rest and refreshment as we come up to the Christmas holidays.
‘I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.’ (Psalms 3:5 ESV)
- Thank the Lord the rhythms of work and rest in the world he has made
- Thank Him for the blessing of times of rest over holidays
- Pray for physical and spiritual rest and refreshment as we take time out over the holidays
- Pray for a firm trust in God’s sovereign rule and Christ’s finished work that allows us to rest well
- Pray for those who will still have work over the holidays, that the Lord would sustain them and give them the energy they need to keep going
Core Commitment – Church Government
Each week, we pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitment is
By grace, we are committed to grow together in Jesus through the practice of a presbyterian form of church government, as defined in the Westminster Confession of Faith and in the WPC book of church order.’ (1 Peter 5:1-3, 1 Thessalonians 2:15)
Please pray with us for our church leaders (elders and deacons) and the wider WPC family.