This week, our prayer focus is for the country of Myanmar – for Christians there, for the spread of the gospel, and for the WPC team travelling to minister there over the next two weeks. Myanmar is a predominantly Bhuddist country in south Asia, formerly known as Burma.
‘The LORD has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.’ (Isaiah 52:10 ESV)
- Thank the Lord for opportunities for gospel ministry in Myanmar, and for how suffering and persecution have refined and strengthened faithful Christianity
- Pray for the Lord to hold back the antagonism towards Christians from the Bhuddist majority
- Pray for Christians to have opportunities and courage to cross cultural and ethnic divisions with the good news of Jesus.
- Pray that the Lord would raise up mature and faithful leaders in local churches in Myanmar
- Pray for John, David and Julian as they travel, for safety and fruitful ministry
Core Commitment – Presenting Jesus Christ
Each week, we pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitment is
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus through clearly and understably presenting the Lord Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of all Scripture and the only sacrifice for our sin.’ (Luke 24:44-48)
Please pray with us for everyone who teaches in our church (preachers, Grace Community group leaders, Sunday School teachers, youth leaders) to always clearly teach the Bible in a way that points faithfully to the Lord Jesus.