This week our prayer focus is for our local neighbourhood which is rapidly changing and facing many challenges, but which also presents opportunities for the gospel.
”The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;’ (Isaiah 61:1 ESV)
- Thank the Lord that in his wisdom he placed us at this location so long ago, to be a light for the gospel to many
- Pray that we wouldn’t be too proud or too comfortable to reach out to our neighbours with the good news of Jesus
- Pray that we would be a church where our neighbours could come along and feel welcome and loved
- Pray that our witness to the Lord Jesus would make our neighbours curious enough to want to investigate for themselves
- Pray that the gospel would overcome displacement, family breakdown, isolation, crime and addiction in our local community
Core Commitment – Preaching the Bible faithfully
Each week, we pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitment is
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus
through the regular expository preaching and teaching of the Bible.’ (2 Timothy 4:2)
Please pray with us for our preachers and Bible teachers to approach God’s Word humbly and faithfully, and not to shy away from the difficult passages in the Bible but to rely on God to speak in his Word.