Each week we focus our worship service and Grace Community Group prayers on a topic or theme. This week, our prayer focus is for our local, state and federal leaders.
‘First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth’ (1 Timothy 2:1–4 ESV)
- Thank God for those in authority; Federal, State and local government, as well as our police service and all who administer laws.
- Thank God for the leadership shown by our government during this present crisis
- Thank God that our Prime Minister is a disciple of Jesus, and prays for our country
- Pray that God would bless our leaders with wisdom, servant-hearts, and a desire for justice, fairness and good
- Pray that we would honour and obey our leaders as we should, especially during rh COVID-19 crisis
- Pray for continued peace and freedom in our land, so that the gospel can flourish
Each week, we also pray through one of the core commitments from our church vision statement. This week’s commitment is sharing the gospel of Jesus’ death and resurrection.
By grace, we are committed to declare to the world that Jesus Christ is Lord through sharing the good news that God’s Son, Jesus Christ, gave up his life for the sins of the world, and rose from death to rule God’s Kingdom forever.
(see 1 Corinthians 15:1-5)
Pray with us that we would have the courage to tell our friends, family, neighbours, workmates, classmates and others about what Jesus has done.