In Matthew 9, we see Jesus’ compassion for the people he encountered:
35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest.”
This week we join in prayer for those who live in the neighbourhood around our church facilities and our outreach to them.
- For those living along Toral Drive, especially those nearest the church’s facilities in units in Toral Park Terraces and Stringybark Place. Also pray for those in the various side streets and cul-de-sacs off Toral Drive.
- For those living across Stringybark Road in the apartments in Atrium Buderim, and townhouses and units around them.
- For those in the newer units along Stringybark Road, to include Keliana Grove townhouses.
- For those working in the shops on Goshawk Blvd, and those living in houses and units behind it.
- For those in the houses and new units on Jorl Court.
- For those in Rainforest Sanctuary.
- For those who will be living in new units under construction in our area.
- For our soon to be announced outreach to these neighbours.