Each week we focus our worship service and Grace Community Group prayers on a topic or theme. This week, our prayer focus is for right attitudes to God’s provision.
‘And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried. For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.’ (Luke 12:29–31 ESV)
- Thank the Lord for graciously providing for our needs, and often for more than what we need.
- Confess wrong attitudes to God’s blessings, where we have found our worth and value in the gifts rather than the Giver.
- Ask for the grace to be wise stewards of what God has given us, being accountable to him.
- Ask for the grace to be generous with what we have to help those in need, especially those in our own church family.
- Ask for the grace to give sacrificially to gospel ministry, not out of a sense of duty, but out of a desire to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and see people saved.
Each week, we also pray through one of the core commitments from our church vision statement. This week’s commitment is to a reformed and evangelical understanding of the gospel.
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus through an evangelical and reformed understanding of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, as presented in Scripture.’
Please pray that we wouldn’t be tempted to add to what the Bible says, or to what Jesus has done for us.