This week our prayer focus is for those we know who are sick. We want to pray for their physical condition, but also for their spiritual condition.
”’So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.’ (2 Corinthians 4:16–18 ESV)
- Pray for those who are sick in body or mind, that the Lord would give them peace and assurance of his love and care for them in Christ
- Pray for those who are sick to have patience as they recover, trusting in God’s perfect plan for their lives
- Pray for the grace to suffer well, that those who are sick might show others the hope of the gospel
- Pray for healing and restoration for those who are sick
- Pray that those who are unwell would look forward eagerness to Jesus’ return, when pain and illness will pass away
Core Commitment – An Evangelical and Reformed Understanding of the Gospel
Each week, we pray through one of the Core Commitments from our church vision. This week’s commitment is
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus through an evangelical and reformed understanding of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, as presented in Scripture.’
Please pray with us that we never be tempted to add to what the Bible says, or to what Jesus has done for us.