In Matthew 9:38 Jesus said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest.’ (Matthew 9:37–38 ESV)
Join us this week as we obey Jesus’ command to pray for gospel workers.
- Thank the Lord for training institutions like Queensland Theological College in Brisbane, Trinity Theological College in Perth and Christ College in Sydney, and for organisations like Ministry Training Strategy who prepare people for gospel ministry.
- Pray for those training and studying in preparation for gospel ministry, that they would grow in a love for Jesus and for his people, and that their passion for the gospel would grow along with the knowledge they gain.
- Pray that the Lord would raise up men and women to devote themselves to full-time gospel work, and that many would be sent out into the harvest fields in Australia and around the world.
- Pray that we would be a church that encourages and supports the development of gospel workers, and that we would be keen to see members of our own church pursue a call to gospel ministry.
- Pray for Kasper Skar as he trains with MTS, that the Lord would guide him as he trains and explores the possibility of future gospel ministry.