Each week we focus our prayers in our worship services and Grace Community Groups on a specific topic. You might want to use this for your own personal prayers this week, too.
This week, we’re praying for those who struggle with mental health concerns, and for those who care for them.
- … that the hope, joy and security of the gospel would overpower anxiety and despair (2 Corinthians 5:1-5),
- … that value and worth in Christ would overpower self-doubt and feelings of worthlessness or guilt (1 Peter 3:18),
- … that they would look forward with deep joy and hope to the day when there will be no more curse (Revelation 21:4)
- … that the Lord would deliver and restore them, as he did for many in the gospels who were tormented (Mark 5:15),
- … that they would be kept from harm in their darkest times,
- … that the Lord would give them the strength to pray as they suffer (Psalm 46:1),
- … that they would have the courage to speak and ask for help, and that they would receive it, and
- … that the Lord would make us compassionate carers and patient listeners for those who struggle with mental health issues (Romans 12:15-16, Galatians 1:2).
Please contact one of our pastors if this week’s prayer focus has raised things you would like to talk about.