Every quarter, elders from all of our Queensland churches meet as the Queensland Presbytery of the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Australia for fellowship and to discuss matters that affect our regional church network.
We last met on Saturday 18 August 2018 in Morayfield, hosted by Grace Presbyterian Church Morayfield. Here are some of the things discussed at that meeting.
- Peter Humphreys (Morayfield) led us in a devotion from Romans 12:17, Luke 2:52, Matthew 5:13-14 and 1 Corinthians 14:40 on “The World’s Perspective on the Church”, encouraging us towards excellence in everything we do
- Peter also made a presentation to get us thinking about how we approach the management and administration of our denomination. He presented a few ideas, and was tasked by the presbytery to have further discussions with key people within the denomination
- Each church and committee presented a report, summarising current joys and challenges. The bulk of our time is spent on these reports, asking questions, and praying for our churches and other ministries
- Geoff Findlay, pastor of WPC Belconnen (ACT), was welcomed as a guest at the meeting. Motions have been passed by the WA and QLD Presbyteries approving a move of the ACT region from the WA Presbytery to the QLD Presbytery. This move was the result of practical considerations, and we are excited at the prospect of working more closely with the Belconnen church and strengthening our ministry in the eastern states (this move awaits final confirmation from a congregation vote at Belconnen, before being ratified at the next National Assembly meeting in Perth in May 2019)
- All Teaching Elders presented their statements of subscription to the Westminster Confession of Faith, and all statements were approved.
Thank you for your prayers for our church leaders. The next meeting of the QLD Presbytery will take place on Saturday 17 November 2018 at Grace Christian Church Buderim. If you are able to help with providing morning tea or lunch, please contact the church office.