Please find below a summary of our recent Session meeting for July 2018 (postponed to 6 August). Thank you for your prayers as our leaders gather to shepherd Jesus’ church here in Buderim.
- Clint Lombard led a devotion from Romans 8:17 on being heirs with Christ
- We prayed around the table for pastoral needs in the church family and praised the Lord for prayers we have seen him answer
Decisions and Discussions
- The budget committee tabled a draft budget for 2018/2019. This was endorsed by the Session, and will be presented at the AGM on 9 Sep.
- Session endorsed Clint Lombard to accept an invitation speak at an outreach event at Harbour City Church, Sydney, in Oct 2018
- Session approved a request by Sunshine Coast Chinese Christian Church to launch a Chinese-language playgroup meeting at Grace in Sep 2018
- Examinations and recommendation of elder and deacon nominees were reviewed for standing at the 2018 AGM on 9 Sep
It was decided to shelve discussions about combining the two morning services due to the steady growth noted at both services
- A policy regarding guest speakers was approved, as well as a request from the Women’s Committee to approve a number of potential speakers for future women’s events, and a request to approve a guest speaker for a Grace ALIVE! event on 14 Sep
If you have any questions, please contact the Session