Each week we focus our worship service and Grace Community Group prayers on a topic or theme. This week, our prayer focus is for peace and justice in our world.
‘O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth may strike terror no more.’ (Psalm 10:17–18 ESV)
- That God would have mercy on our broken and divided world
- That all all peoples would be united in Christ by the transforming power of the gospel, learning to love one-another as Jesus commended
- That our world would know justice rather than tyranny, freedom rather than oppression and honesty rather than corruption
- That companies, social institutions and governments would act for the good of all, rather than the advantage of few
- That Christians would model the values of Christ’s kingdom in all our relationships, and so be witnesses of the gospel and the hope we have in Jesus.
Each week, we also pray through one of the core commitments from our church vision statement. This week’s commitment is our aim to clearly teach and preach the gospel.
‘By grace, we are committed to learn about Jesus through clearly and understably presenting the Lord Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of all Scripture and the only sacrifice for our sin .’
Please pray for everyone who teaches in our church (preachers, Grace Community group leaders) to always clearly teach the Bible in a way that points to Jesus.